I am sorry this post is arriving on the Blog later than expected. I thought I had posted this same message last Thursday but when I went to check the blog today I realized it never published.
That being said, I wanted to inform you that there are NO specific materials that need to be printed out before class on Tuesday, September 8th.
However, please remember to bring the materials from last week's workshop (Regions and Provinces in Argentina and the United States) so we can finish our discussion.
Also, to prepare for this week's class I would like you to start thinking about this week's topic: Family, Daily Life, & Social/Cultural Norms of Behavior!
Please think about the following questions:
Why do Argentine's greet people with a "beso" or kiss on the cheek? Why do most people in the United States use a handshake as a more formal greeting?
Think about the use of "time" in a typical Argentine day. Why is there a siesta? Why do you eat dinner later at night? When do Americans eat dinner?
What is the function of "el paseo"? When and why does this occur if it occurs at all?
What are some cultural norms of behavior that you have noticed people doing from the United States? Do you find them normal or odd?
Are there any other observations about family or daily life in the United States that you have noticed?
Come prepared to discuss observations and/or answers to these questions! I will see you all on Tuesday!
Sincerely,
Christine Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment